Workshop participants will:
- Differentiate between sex assigned at birth, gender identity, gender expression, attraction, and cultural identities
- Recognize systems of oppression, such as cissexism, cisnormativity, heterosexism, and heteronormativity
- Create safe(r) spaces for 2SLGBTQ+ individuals
2SLGBTQ+ Awareness, Inclusion, and Affirmation
This 3-hour workshop will enhance your organization’s capacity to create and maintain safe(r) and more inclusive spaces for all staff, clients/customers, and other stakeholders. Through explanations, videos, testimonials, and group discussions, participants will learn how to better support the 2SLGBTQ+ people they interact with.
We are happy to provide training about 2SLGBTQ+ people with a specific focus that meets your needs. Please inquire about your specific request. Some possibilities may include:
- Creating Positive Change in Medical Environments
- Addressing the Mental Health Inequities for 2SLGBTQ+ People
- 2SLGBTQ+ History (Global; Canadian; or Manitoban)
- Incorporating 2SLGBTQ+ Perspectives into Sexual Health Education
- Policy Consultation and Review
- General Consultation & Support
How to book
Workshops are offered online and in-person. To book an online workshop, please complete this online form.
Due to a high volume of workshop requests, please allow for sufficient time to schedule, organize, and prepare for your requested workshop. We typically require 3 weeks' notice for workshop bookings.
Click here to download our Education and Training brochure.
Bre Calma, Training and Education Coordinator
Phone: 204-474-0212 ext. 223