Our volunteers are building a strong community of skilled, connected LGBT2SQ+ and allied Manitobans.
Application Process, Screening, & Training
*** Please note that volunteer intake and training is currently on hold until the position of Programming and Volunteer Coordinator is filled. ***
1) View our current volunteer opportunities
2) Apply for a volunteer opportunity by submitting your resume and cover letter via email or in person to:
Programming & Volunteer Coordinator
Rainbow Resource Centre
170 Scott St. R3L 0L3 Winnipeg, MB
Please include the name of desired volunteer opportunity in your cover letter and/or email subject line.
No-cost internet, computer, and printing access is available for applying volunteers in-house during our regular Centre hours.
If you are excited to apply, but are struggling to build your resume and cover letter, we encourage you to utilize the following template and/or contact the Programming & Volunteer Coordinator for assistance at any time.
3) Successful applications will be met with a request for a 30 minute, one-on-one interview with the Programming & Volunteer Coordinator.
Please bring to your interview:
- 2 pieces of government issued ID (one with a photo)
- 1 personal or professional reference
- Official copies of any of the checks listed below (if you do not have these completed already, or have not done so within 6 months of your application, we will give you the appropriate forms and instructions to do so during your interview)
4) To begin your volunteer duties at the centre, you must complete the following screening requirements:
- A Child Abuse Registry Check
- A Police Information / Vulnerable Sector Check
If you have not already completed the above checks within 6 months of your application, we will provide you with the appropriate forms and instructions to do so in your interview.
If completion of the required checks are of concern, please contact our Programming & Volunteer Coordinator to discuss potential accommodations.
Costs associated with the completion of the required checks will be absorbed by the Centre.
5) Successful applicants will begin volunteering following the completion of the corresponding training requirements, which can be found at the bottom of each volunteer opportunity.
Upcoming training dates/times can be found on our Rainbow Resource Centre Calendar.