Volunteer at Rainbow Resource Centre
Our volunteers are building a strong community of skilled, connected 2SLGBTQ+ and allied Manitobans.
Application Process, Screening, & Training
1) View our current volunteer opportunities
2) Apply for a volunteer opportunity by submitting your volunteer application, resume, and cover letter via email or in person to:
Rainbow Resource Centre
170 Scott St. R3L 0L3 Winnipeg, MB
Please include the name of desired volunteer opportunity in your cover letter and/or email subject line.
No-cost internet, computer, and printing access is available for applying volunteers in-house during our regular Centre hours.
If you are excited to apply, but are struggling to build your resume and cover letter, we encourage you to utilize the following template and/or contact the Volunteer Coordinator for assistance at any time.
3) Successful applications will be met with a request for a 30 minute, one-on-one interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
4) After the interview, you will be required to complete the following background checks:
- A Child Abuse Registry Check / Adult Abuse Registry Check
- A Police Information Check
If you have not already completed the above checks within 6 months of your application, we will provide you with the appropriate forms and instructions to do so in your interview.
If completion of the required checks are of concern, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to discuss potential accommodations.
Costs associated with the completion of the required checks will be absorbed by the Centre.
5) Successful applicants will begin volunteering following the completion of the corresponding training requirements, which can be found in each volunteer opportunity.
Upcoming training dates/times can be found on our Rainbow Resource Centre Calendar.