Camp Aurora will run August 13 to 15, 2021.
Camp Aurora is Manitoba’s only camp for gender and sexually diverse youth. This year, due to COVID-19, Camp Aurora will be taking place virtually to ensure the safety of campers, staff and workshop facilitators. This year, Camp Aurora is open to campers aged 13-21 (at the time of camp) who identify as part of the 2STLGBQ+ community or an ally.
REGISTRATION FOR 2021 IS NOW CLOSED
- To create safe(r) spaces by challenging all forms of discrimination such as homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, racism, sexism, classism, ableism, ageism, fatphobia, xenophobia and the ongoing impacts of colonization;
- To engage with and learn from positive role models and connect with 2SLGBTQ+ peers;
- To provide opportunities for campers to build new skills through experiential learning;
- To encourage community engagement, participation, and volunteerism;
- To facilitate social inclusion for campers from rural, northern and urban settings;
- To foster and strengthen youth leadership skills;
- To ensure the youth-centered content, spirit, and longevity of the camp;
- To ensure camp is accessible to all youth, regardless of socio-economic status;
- To celebrate all aspects of identity; and
- To foster existing, and establish new community relationships
This year’s Virtual Camp Aurora is organized by Rainbow Resource Centre staff with the support of a BIPOC Advisory Committee.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Camp Aurora
Please consider supporting Camp Aurora with your donation. This valuable experience is available to youth because people like you help us out. Right now, the requested fee to attend camp is $325.00 (and we can waive that fee if we need to). The remaining costs associated with camp are covered by grants and contributions from generous donors. Keeping camp costs to a minimum gives us the opportunity to have EVERY youth at camp, regardless of financial restrictions and that is incredibly important to us. It may only be a four-day camp, but for many of our youth this is enough keep them going throughout the year. Camp builds confidence, creates feelings of acceptance, and fosters positive and lasting friendships. Camp is building a generation of 2SLGBTQ+ youth who will be proud leaders.