Rainbow Resource Centre Pride Ambassador
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023 5:00pm
Why volunteer your valuable time at Rainbow Resource Centre?
- To make connections within the 2SLGBTQ+ community and help elevate our public presence as Representatives of the Centre
- To learn more about the Centre and the resources, support, and education we provide to the community
- To gain skills and work experience in the planning, development, and execution of a variety of public events for which a professional reference will be provided
Title: Rainbow Resource Centre Pride Ambassador
Purpose: To help with tabling events with the Rainbow Resource Centre leading up to Pride Week and help run Rainbow Resource Centre’s table during the Pride Festival.
- Tabling at the Millennium Library on March 14
- Tabling at Winnipeg Pride in June
Duties & Responsibilities: Duties and responsibilities may include set-up and take-down, maintaining workstation and cleanliness of space, engaging with the public, transportation of materials to/from event, and participating in planning.
Time Requirement: 3 to 4 hours per however some planning and preparation will occur beforehand if available. (Will be asked to commit to scheduled hours for the event, must contact the Volunteer Coordinator as far in advance as possible to notify of upcoming absences).
Skills and Qualifications: Friendly, outgoing, reliable, adaptable, able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, able to follow direction. Experience in working with the public and access to a vehicle capable of transporting supplies are both assets.
Age Requirement: 18+
Start & End Date: Dates ranging from January to June 2023.
Location: The Forks (1 Forks Market Road)
Direct Supervisor: Jonah Wilde, Volunteer Coordinator 204-474-0212 x 206
Training: Will be arranged following a successful application.
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2023
Applicant Instructions: Submit Volunteer Application (click here for a fillable PDF), cover letter & resume to:
Jonah Wilde, Volunteer Coordinator
Rainbow Resource Centre
Be sure to include “Rainbow Resource Centre Pride Ambassador” in the subject line of the email, and in your cover letter.
Rainbow Resource Centre is an equity-seeking organization who believes that our diversity makes us stronger. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+ community members who experience intensified marginalization due to personal identifiers tied to race, religion, cultural practice, refugee status, socio-economic status, age, ability, or otherwise.
At any time during the application process, new volunteers are welcome to:
- utilize the Centre’s public computer, internet access, and no-cost printing;
- utilize the ‘Cover Letter & Resume Template’, found on the volunteer page of our website;
- contact the Volunteer Coordinator for application guidance, as needed; and
- voice any and all accessibility concerns to the Volunteer Coordinator as they arise.