Application Deadline: March 31, 2023 5:00pm
Why volunteer your valuable time at Rainbow Resource Centre?
- To make connections within the 2SLGBTQ+ community and help elevate our public presence as Representatives of the Centre
- To learn more about the Centre and the resources, support and education we provide to the community
- To gain skills and work experience in an office environment and helping the public for which a professional reference will be provided
Title: Rainbow Rep
Purpose: To provide front desk and library coverage while programming is occurring outside of regular Centre hours.
Duties & Responsibilities: Lock and unlock doors and alarms, answer Centre phone, greet guests and answer questions about the Centre, direct participants to programming, check in/out library items, issue harm reduction/safer sex/period supplies to guests when requested, enter evaluation data for presentations/training sessions, complete shift and incident reports, and other office duties as assigned.
Time Requirement: 3-16 hours a month based on your availability & programming.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Friendly, outgoing, reliable, adaptable, able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, able to follow direction.
- Familiarity with harm reduction supplies, safer sex supplies, 2SLGBTQ+ healthcare in Manitoba, experience working with the public, and experience working within Manitoba’s 2SLGBTQ+ community are all valuable assets.
Age Requirement: 18+
Earliest Start Date: January 17th, 2023.
Location: Rainbow Resource Centre (170 Scott St.)
Direct Supervisor: Jonah Wilde, Volunteer Coordinator 204-474-0212 x 206
Training: Will be arranged following a successful application.
Applicant Instructions: Submit Volunteer Application (click here for a fillable PDF), cover letter & resume to:
Jonah Wilde, Volunteer Coordinator
Rainbow Resource Centre
Be sure to include “Rainbow Rep” in the subject line of the email, and in your cover letter.
Rainbow Resource Centre is an equity-seeking organization who believes that our diversity makes us stronger. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+ community members who experience intensified marginalization due to personal identifiers tied to race, religion, cultural practice, refugee status, socio-economic status, age, ability, or otherwise.
At any time during the application process, new volunteers are welcome to:
- utilize the ‘Cover Letter & Resume Template’, found on the volunteer page of our website;
- contact the Volunteer Coordinator for application guidance, as needed; and
- voice any and all accessibility concerns to the Volunteer Coordinator as they arise.