Application Deadline: December 31, 2022 12:00am
Why volunteer your valuable time at Rainbow Resource Centre?
- To make connections within the 2SLGBTQ+ community and help foster a greater sense of belonging for people that utilize the Centre
- To learn more about the Centre and the resources, support and education we provide to the community
- To gain skills and work experience in an office environment and helping the public for which a professional reference will be provided
Title: Rainbow Rep
Purpose: To provide front desk and library coverage while programming is occurring outside of regular Centre hours; to operate booths/tables at various community events.
Duties & Responsibilities: Lock and unlock doors and alarms, answer Centre phone, greet guests and answer questions about the Centre, direct participants to programming, check in/out library items, issue harm reduction/safe sex/period supplies to guests when requested, enter evaluation data for presentations/training sessions, complete shift and incident reports, and other office duties as assigned.
Time Requirement: 2 to 10 hours per week depending on your availability & programming, Monday to Friday 5:30pm-9:30pm, Saturday 10:30am-4:30pm, Sunday 1:00pm-4:00pm and 5:30pm-9:30pm
Skills and Qualifications: Friendly, outgoing, responsible, organized, reliable, calm under pressure, adaptable, able to maintain confidentiality and manage conflict. (Experience with ASIST, Manitoba Harm Reduction Network, Klinic Crisis Network, and Nine Circles Community Health Clinic is an asset, but is not mandatory).
Age Requirement: 18+
Start & End Date: TBD
Location: Rainbow Resource Centre (170 Scott St. R3L 0L3), Booth/Table Locations TBD
Direct Supervisor: Adam Rout, Volunteer Coordinator 204-474-0212 x 206; Monthly check-in and evaluation
Applicant Instructions: Submit Volunteer Application, cover letter & resume to:
Adam Rout, Volunteer Coordinator
Rainbow Resource Centre
Be sure to include “Rainbow Rep Application” in the subject line of the email, and in your cover letter.
Rainbow Resource Centre is an equity-seeking organization who believes that our diversity makes us stronger. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+ community members who experience intensified marginalization due to personal identifiers tied to race, religion, cultural practice, refugee status, socio-economic status, age, ability, or otherwise.
At any time during the application process, new volunteers are welcome to:
- utilize the Centre’s public computer, internet access, and no-cost printing;
- utilize the ‘Cover Letter & Resume Template’, found on the volunteer page of our website;
- contact the Volunteer Coordinator for application guidance, as needed; and
- voice any and all accessibility concerns to the Volunteer Coordinator as they arise.