Over the Rainbow (55+) Volunteer
Application Deadline: December 31, 2021 5:00pm
Why volunteer your valuable time at Rainbow Resource Centre?
- To make connections within the 2SLGBTQ+ community and help foster a greater sense of belonging for people that utilize the Centre
- To learn more about the Centre and the resources, support and education we provide to the community
- To gain experience in communications, marketing, group facilitation and activity management
Title: Over the Rainbow (55+) Volunteer
Purpose: To assist with programming for the Over the Rainbow (55+) Social/Support group.
Duties & Responsibilities: Leading, hosting, and participating in virtual (Zoom) and in-person group discussions, workshops, and seminars; monitoring event registration forms; inviting participants to events via phone, email, or social media (Facebook); basic coordination of supplies; maintaining basic attendance and spending records; event set up and clean up; phone answering and message taking.
Time Requirement: Average month: 12 – 15 hours/month; January: 20 – 25 hours/month
Skills and Qualifications: Friendly, outgoing, organized, reliable, calm under pressure, good listener/storyteller, comfortable having open discussions on issues related to the experience 2SLGBTQ+ adults aged 55+ such as physical and mental health, inclusion and history.
Computer skills: Zoom, basic Facebook, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook), CRM software (Wufoo, Mailchimp).
(Access to a vehicle is an asset but not mandatory.)
*At this time, all in-person program participants, volunteers, and staff must show proof of double vaccination. If you require further accommodation, please let us know.
Start & End Date: December 2021 (6-month volunteer commitment with opportunity to renew)
Location: Rainbow Resource Centre (170 Scott St. R3L 0L3)
Event Locations TBD within Winnipeg
Direct Supervisor: Ashley Smith, Older Adult Programming Coordinator 204-474-0212 x 255
- Rainbow Resource Centre Volunteer Orientation (6 hours)
- Role-Specific Training (3 hours)
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
Applicant Instructions: Submit Volunteer Application, cover letter & resume to:
Adam Rout, Volunteer Coordinator
Rainbow Resource Centre
Be sure to include “Over the Rainbow (55+) Volunteer Application” in the subject line of the email, and in your cover letter.
Rainbow Resource Centre is an equity-seeking organization who believes that our diversity makes us stronger. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+ community members who experience intensified marginalization due to personal identifiers tied to race, religion, cultural practice, refugee status, socio-economic status, age, ability, or otherwise.
At any time during the application process, new volunteers are welcome to:
- utilize the Centre’s public computer, internet access, and no-cost printing;
- utilize the ‘Cover Letter & Resume Template’, found on the volunteer page of our website;
- contact the Volunteer Coordinator for application guidance, as needed; and
voice any and all accessibility concerns to the Volunteer Coordinator as they arise.