Over the Rainbow (55+) Volunteer
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020 12:00am
Why volunteer your valuable time at Rainbow Resource Centre?
- To make connections within the 2SLGBTQ+ community and help foster a greater sense of belonging for people that utilize the Centre
- To learn more about the Centre and the resources, support and education we provide to the community
- To gain skills and experience group facilitation and activity management
Title: Over the Rainbow (55+) Volunteer
Purpose: To assist with programming for the Over the Rainbow (55+) Social/Support group.
Duties & Responsibilities: Leading and participating in group discussions, maintaining basic attendance records and contacting participants via phone, email and social media, washing dishes, general tidying, plant maintenance (watering, fertilizing and pruning) and grocery shopping.
Time Requirement: 12 to 15 hrs per month depending on the following programming:
- Wednesdays & Thursdays from 9:45am-12:30pm for Coffee & Chat
- One evening per month (4hrs) for a potluck dinner
- One Thursday afternoon per month (4hrs) for Lunch & Learns
Skills and Qualifications: Friendly, outgoing, organized, reliable, calm under pressure, good listener/storyteller, comfortable having open discussions on 2SLGBTQ+ Older Adult issues and inclusion, basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite), and comfortable with interacting with Youth participants during Intergenerational events.
(Access to a vehicle is an asset but not mandatory).
Age Requirement: 55+ (age is an asset but we consider all individuals equally)
Start & End Date: TBD
Location: Rainbow Resource Centre (170 Scott St. R3L 0L3); Event Locations TBD within Winnipeg and possible out-of-town day trips
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
Applicant Instructions: Submit Volunteer Application, cover letter & resume to:
Adam Rout, Volunteer Coordinator
Rainbow Resource Centre
Be sure to include “Over the Rainbow (55+) Volunteer Application” in the subject line of the email, and in your cover letter.
Rainbow Resource Centre is an equity-seeking organization who believes that our diversity makes us stronger. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+ community members who experience intensified marginalization due to personal identifiers tied to race, religion, cultural practice, refugee status, socio-economic status, age, ability, or otherwise.
At any time during the application process, new volunteers are welcome to:
- utilize the Centre’s public computer, internet access, and no-cost printing;
- utilize the ‘Cover Letter & Resume Template’, found on the volunteer page of our website;
- contact the Volunteer Coordinator for application guidance, as needed; and
- voice any and all accessibility concerns to the Volunteer Coordinator as they arise.