Application Deadline: December 31, 2020 12:00am
Hiring for this volunteer opportunity is currently closed. All individuals who submit applications will be interviewed, placed on an Applicant List, and contacted when the next round of hiring occurs.
Why volunteer your valuable time at Rainbow Resource Centre?
- To make connections within the 2SLGBTQ+ community and help foster a greater sense of belonging for people that utilize the Centre
- To learn more about the Centre and the resources, support and education we provide to the community
- To gain skills and work experience in group facilitation and activity management for which a professional reference will be provided
Title: Group Facilitator
Purpose: To organize and lead a social, support, leisure, or working group that meets at the Centre.
Duties & Responsibilities: Organize content and activities to deliver to the group, schedule and promote meetings, manage group communications (email and social media), attend and facilitate meetings, establish and maintain a safe space for all participants including welcoming all first time attendees, manage group expenses and donations, model behaviours to maintain Centre shared spaces, liaise between the group and the Centre including providing monthly reporting, attend centre events (ex. Youth Program Grad, LGBT Centre Day) as a representative of the group.
Time Requirement: 4 to 10 hours per month with meetings occurring 1 to 2 times monthly in the evenings and on the weekends (depending on your availability, group schedule and space availability).
Skills and Qualifications: Friendly, people-oriented, responsible, organized, reliable, calm under pressure, adaptable, able to listen and effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds, able to maintain confidentiality and manage conflict.
Age Requirement: 18+
Start & End Date: TBD
Location: Rainbow Resource Centre (170 Scott St. R3L 0L3)
Direct Supervisor: Adam Rout, Volunteer Coordinator 204-474-0212 x 206; Monthly check-in
Application Deadline: None
Adam Rout, Volunteer Coordinator
Rainbow Resource Centre
Be sure to include “Group Facilitator Application” in the subject line of the email, and in your cover letter.
Rainbow Resource Centre is an equity-seeking organization who believes that our diversity makes us stronger. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+ community members who experience intensified marginalization due to personal identifiers tied to race, religion, cultural practice, refugee status, socio-economic status, age, ability, or otherwise.
At any time during the application process, new volunteers are welcome to:
- utilize the Centre’s public computer, internet access, and no-cost printing;
- utilize the ‘Cover Letter & Resume Template’, found on the volunteer page of our website;
- contact the Volunteer Coordinator for application guidance, as needed; and
- voice any and all accessibility concerns to the Volunteer Coordinator as they arise.