Casual Events Volunteer
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020 12:00am
Hiring for this volunteer opportunity is currently closed. All individuals who submit applications will be interviewed, placed on an Applicant List, and contacted when the next round of hiring occurs.
Why volunteer your valuable time at Rainbow Resource Centre?
- To make connections within the 2SLGBTQ+ community and help elevate our public presence as Representatives of the Centre
- To learn more about the Centre and the resources, support and education we provide to the community
- To gain skills and work experience in the planning, development and execution of a variety of public events for which a professional reference will be provided
Title: Casual Events Volunteer
Purpose: To participate in Rainbow Resource Centre special events like the RRC Spring Gala, LGBT Centre Awareness Day, and any Pride-related events that require a Centre presence.
Duties & Responsibilities: Prepare silent auction baskets, assist in the set-up and take-down of the event including transportation of supplies to and from the venue, ensure event space is clean, safe and free from hazards, direct participants to appropriate locations, operate the registration and silent auction tables, be familiar with the event details and activities, participate in pre- and post-event planning meetings.
Time Requirement: 2 to 4 hours per event, approx. 4 events per year; events occur mostly on the evenings and weekends, however some planning and preparation occurs on weekdays. (Will be asked to commit to scheduled hours for the event, must contact the Volunteer Coordinator as far in advance as possible to notify of upcoming absences).
Skills and Qualifications: Friendly, outgoing, responsible, organized, reliable, calm under pressure, adaptable, able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, able to follow direction. (Access to a vehicle capable of transporting event supplies is an asset but not mandatory).
Age Requirement: 18+
Start & End Date: TBD
Location: Rainbow Resource Centre (170 Scott St. R3L 0L3); Event Locations TBD
Direct Supervisor: Adam Rout, Volunteer Coordinator 204-474-0212 x 206; Pre-planning and post-event evaluation
Application Deadline: Until maximum capacity of Casual Event Volunteer positions are filled.
Applicant Instructions: Submit Volunteer Application, cover letter & resume to:
Adam Rout, Volunteer Coordinator
Rainbow Resource Centre
Be sure to include “Casual Event Volunteer Application” in the subject line of the email, and in your cover letter.
Rainbow Resource Centre is an equity-seeking organization who believes that our diversity makes us stronger. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+ community members who experience intensified marginalization due to personal identifiers tied to race, religion, cultural practice, refugee status, socio-economic status, age, ability, or otherwise.
At any time during the application process, new volunteers are welcome to:
- utilize the Centre’s public computer, internet access, and no-cost printing;
- utilize the ‘Cover Letter & Resume Template’, found on the volunteer page of our website;
- contact the Volunteer Coordinator for application guidance, as needed; and
- voice any and all accessibility concerns to the Volunteer Coordinator as they arise.