Casual Events Volunteer
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023 5:00pm
Why volunteer your valuable time at Rainbow Resource Centre?
- To make connections within the 2SLGBTQ+ community and help elevate our public presence as Representatives of the Centre
- To learn more about the Centre and the resources, support, and education we provide to the community
- To gain skills and work experience in the planning, development, and execution of a variety of public events for which a professional reference will be provided
Title: Casual Events Volunteer
Purpose: To participate in Rainbow Resource Centre special events like the Gala, Open House, and any Pride-related events that require a Centre presence.
- Youth Program Support Volunteer (ongoing)
Duties & Responsibilities: Duties and responsibilities will vary from event to event. These may include set-up and take-down, maintaining cleanliness of spaces, running tables and/or workstations, transportation of materials to/from event, and participating in planning.
Time Requirement: 2 to 4 hours per shift; events occur mostly on the evenings and weekends, however some planning and preparation occurs on weekdays if available. (Will be asked to commit to scheduled hours for the event, must contact the Volunteer Coordinator as far in advance as possible to notify of upcoming absences).
Skills and Qualifications: Friendly, outgoing, responsible, organized, reliable, calm under pressure, adaptable, able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, able to follow direction. Experience in event planning and facilitation, and access to a vehicle capable of transporting event supplies, are assets but not mandatory.
Age Requirement: 18+
Start & End Date: Event Dates TBD
Location: Rainbow Resource Centre (170 Scott St. R3L 0L3)
Event Locations TBD
Direct Supervisor: Jonah Wilde, Volunteer Coordinator 204-474-0212 x 206
Training: Will be arranged following a successful application.
Application Deadline: Until maximum capacity of Casual Event Volunteer positions are filled.
Applicant Instructions: Submit Volunteer Application, cover letter & resume to:
Jonah Wilde, Volunteer Coordinator
Rainbow Resource Centre
Be sure to include “Casual Event Volunteer Application” in the subject line of the email, and in your cover letter.
Rainbow Resource Centre is an equity-seeking organization who believes that our diversity makes us stronger. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+ community members who experience intensified marginalization due to personal identifiers tied to race, religion, cultural practice, refugee status, socio-economic status, age, ability, or otherwise.
At any time during the application process, new volunteers are welcome to:
- utilize the Centre’s public computer, internet access, and no-cost printing;
- utilize the ‘Cover Letter & Resume Template’, found on the volunteer page of our website;
- contact the Volunteer Coordinator for application guidance, as needed; and
- voice any and all accessibility concerns to the Volunteer Coordinator as they arise.