The Trans Feminine Circle
The Trans Feminine Circle is a space for people assigned male at birth but identify with femininity, or as women. Our goal is to help attendees create a deeper and more positive connection with their femininity.
- We hold meetings at Rainbow Resource Centre on the 3rd Friday of each month.
- There is no need to reserve a spot, just show up!
- If you'd like to join our mailing list to stay up to date with the group, signup at: http://transfemcircle.ca
Example discussion topics are:
- Coming out, and strategies to come out successfully.
- Strengthening your social muscles and making new healthy friendships.
- Life events or personal idiosyncrasies that foreshadowed your trans-ness.
- Unpack what it means to be trans now.
- How to explain what trans is to someone hearing about it for the first time.
- How to identify and deal with internalized transphobia.
- How to approach someone who misgenders you and tell them to respect your pronouns.
- Where to buy clothes, shoes, make-up, etc.
- How to plan hair removal and surgeries.
- Implicit bias management: How has trans depiction in art/media affected your understanding of your trans-ness?
While not required, feminine presentation is encouraged. If you are new to feminine presentation, we’d love to help you!
Participants are also encouraged to message the facilitators with any topics they feel would be valuable to bring into the Circle.
We meet on the 3rd Friday of every month from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Access our rooms via the entrance on the north side of the building, off of Wardlaw Ave. Our room is the Qube, the last door on the left.
We no longer require participants to RSVP in advance of attending a meeting. Just show up now!
We are slowly creating a website with local resources for trans feminine folk. See: http://transfemcircle.ca
For all additional questions, please email the facilitators at:
Note: our facilitators are volunteers and it may take up to a month to receive a response.