Youth Program Volunteers Needed!
Youth Program Volunteer Posting
November 18, 2019
The Rainbow Resource Centre's (RRC) Youth Program is looking for energetic, creative, committed and positive volunteers to assist with Youth Programming for two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex and allied (2SLGBTQ+) youth ages 13-21. RRC’s Youth Program is a drop-in space that offers youth a safe, fun place to learn new skills, create projects and celebrate their identities.
RRC’s Youth Program takes place in the Qube at RRC at 170 Scott St., Winnipeg, MB. Our front door has a ramp and powered door, and from here, all main floor spaces, including the Qube, are accessible. Unfortunately, our washrooms are too small for most wheelchairs.
Typically, RRC’s Youth Program volunteer shifts run on Tuesday and Wednesdays from 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM. We also require volunteers on the 2nd Saturday of the month from 12:30 PM-4:30 PM. Additionally, the BIPOC Youth Program for youth who identify as Black, Indigenous and/or a person of colour takes place on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Youth Program volunteers who would like to volunteer for the BIPOC Youth Program must also identify as BIPOC. The BIPOC Youth Program volunteer shift runs from 10:45 AM – 1:15 PM.
- Be 22 years or older
- Have a basic understanding of heterosexism, homophobia, transphobia and other oppressions and how these impact individuals, families, institutions and communities
- Be open in working across social and cultural differences
- Have an awareness and understanding of how their own lives impact their perceptions of social problems/challenges of individuals and groups
- Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks are required and this expense will be covered for successful applicants by Rainbow Resource Centre
- Be available for 2 volunteer shifts per month, and 1 Saturday shift per year.
- Attend the mandatory training date on December 12, 2019 from 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Please email resume and a cover letter by December 2nd, 2019 to:
Mateo Llanillos, Youth Program Coordinator
For more information about the Youth Program please visit:
Download a copy of this volunteer posting here: Youth Program Volunteer Posting 2019